Thursday, July 30, 2009

An aquarium question.?

My friends just gave me everything need for a home aquarium. the water at his place was clean. (fresh water) I have his filter, i cleaned out everything, put water from my kitches sink. although it is kind of dirty, probally from the rocks that he also gave me. The filter is on, will the water get clearer and be able to see through better overnight?
Answers:
It is good that the water is a little murky. It means you didn't "overclean" the tank. The fish need bacteria to survive. Most people CLEAN the tank and that kills all the beneficial bacteria- BAD. Your water will clear up probably by tomorrow although it may take a couple of days. Before you buy fish do some research on what you want to keep and how to properly care for them.

Heres some good info on how to do a proper water change.
http://freshaquarium.about.com/gi/dynami.
Yep.
I think so
I gave mine 48 hours to clear up and treat it before I put fish in it. You need to make sure the water is balance before you do that. When you go to look at fish to put in your tank, brind a water sample with you and they will check it at the shop. Enjoy your tank, and give your fish names.
Yes, and the chlorine will diminish as well. If the water remains cloudy, you can buy an additive at the pet shop that will clear it up.
I would think so, but there are a few factors to consider. You talk about "his water" as though it's different from your water. That may be true since water filter plants only serve certain geographical areas, so the content/minerals in your water system is one factor to consider. And yes, the dirt from his gravel will make it difficult to have clear water at first, but if the filter system in your aqarium is still working well, then maybe it'll be okay. I know I had to put new filters in my filtration system from time to time, so you might want to know that for future consideration, or if you're water doesn't get clear by tomorrow. One thing you do need to consider though, and it was a fault of mine when I had my aquariums, is that aquarium water goes through it's own environmental set-up, and the water can be too clean, and that will kill fish just as surely as anything, so, be sure you learn to check your ph factors of your water, and keep the temperature warm enough, in consideration of whatever kind of fish you have, and you should do fine with that. I wish you the best of luck. I enjoyed my aquariums and may get another one. God Bless you.
Yes, you just have to give the filter time to clean the water, don't add your fish yet if you didnt use chlorine drops because water from the faucet kills them if you don't wait 24 hours.
Get a water conditioner. It help the water and the fish. Fish will be happer with it.
yes
The water may stay cloudy for up to a week. This is a good thing as it means the beneficial bacteria is growing at a huge rate. They will convert the fish wastes into harmless nitrates. When the cloudiness subsides, buy a fish. Wait three days and buy another pair. And so on.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment