Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ahh! Ahh! Ahh! Fishy question: HELP??

I am getting that goldfish sooner than I thought: TONIGHT! I am excited but nervous. Could you help me overcome my fears?

1.) What if she gets me a tiny tank? I am a kid with no job, and I don't have the money to get a large tank! What should I do if she gets me a tiny tank?

2.) What should I feed it?

3.) I am going trick-or-treating tonite cuz it's Halloween (and my b-day) and what should I do with the fish until then?

4.) Is there anything else I must know?

5.) What if there's noooo filter? GOLDFISH ARE MESSY! I can't have a goldfish in a tank without a filter. how much do they cost?

Thanx!
Answers:
1.) If she gets you a tiny tank, return it to the store and get a refund for the cost of the tank. Use that money to buy a large 5+ gallon tupperware container. You can get a decent 10 gallon glass tank for around $10 at Petsmart. They're not that expensive.

2.) Goldfish flake food is fine for now, but I usually include a 3-day feeder cube (you can usually get 4 for around $1.50 at Petsmart) in the tank, so that they can get a variety and if the once a day feeding isn't enough, he can snack.

3.) You need to secure a place for your fish, first and foremost. If you cannot take care of the fish, please return it to the store and wait until you are ready to take care of a pet. Pets are a responsibility. Anyone that says, "It's just a fish" obviously has never had fish for longer than a few days. I'm very attached to my fish and would be extremely sad if anything happened to them.

4.) http://www.goldfishinfo.com has everything you could want to know.

5.) I got the filter for my ten gallon tank for $13. It works fine.
You can feed it fish food flakes. You can get these from walmart or any petstore and if it's just one goldfish I'm sure it will be fine in whatever tank it's in. Filters can be expensive; again, try walmart. Your fish should be fine while you trick or treat. Just remember to feed it everyday. A suggestion I got from the petstore is when you clean the tank, leave 1/3 of the water in. Remember to use chlorine remover when you fill it back up! Good luck!!
Oh my good god.it's a goldfish for cryin' out loud. You don't need a large tank or a filter or anything else really. Put it in a small tank, throw some rocks in the bottom or something and give it some plain ol' fish food every couple days and it will be fine. You will probably need to change the water every once in a while, not very often though, when you change the water put some of the old water in a large cup or bowl, clean the tank with some hot water, fill the tank with room temperature water and put the fish back in there. Easy peasy japoneasy. Happy birthday, have a wonderful and safe Halloween/Birthday and DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FISH, IT'LL BE FINE!
It's just a gold fish!
1) Try at least a 5 gallon tank w/ a filter.
2) Goldfish flakes or pellets
3) Get it used to the fish tank water temp
4) No not really
5) They cost um well I am not sure about that

If you need anything else e-mail me at maplestoryhooked@yahoo.com
1.) Return the fish if you can't even house it properly
2.) Goldfish food, sinking pellets are the best
3.) After you set up the tank and have the filter on then nothing. Everything else should be able to wait a few hours.
4.) How to take care of goldfish
5.) Depends on what type, brand and what size. The cheapest power filters usually cost around $15
gold fish eat flack food or they can eat pellets. And filters run any where from 15 to 100 but it depends on what size tank you have. if you have a small tank (less than 10 gallons) than you can get away with small air pump powered filter they will take up some space in your tank but they do work well. How ever if you have a lot of fish (more than four or five) than this type of filter will not work for you. Then I would recommend an internal power filter preferable one that is made buy Hagen Because all you need to do is just clean out the filters once a month and then buy new filters every year or so. Prices for internal power filter is about 15 to 40 dollars and a the other type is 8 dollars for the pump and 6 dollars for the filter.
Well it depends how big the fish is.

You should feed it the fish food that is the right breed for it.

Well wach a little while and make sure it is comfortable and give it a little food and then leave.

No

Mine cost $2-$4 dollars
Awww bless you hunny, I'm sure you have no need to worry, whoever is buying you the fish will have gotton you a tank large enough and food for your fish , just dont overfeed it, a pinch a day is enough, spend your pocket money on a good book from a pet store that will tell you all you need to know.have a wonderful birthday and happy halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment