Friday, July 31, 2009

Aquairium Live Plant blubs.?

I put 2 Live Plant Blubs in my Aquairium a few of my fish have nibbled on them.
My question is this.If my fish nibble on the plant bulbs will it hurt the fish and will it hurt the bulbs?
Answers:
it doesn't hurt anything. the fish will not get any problems and the bulb will still grow. but i suggest taking the bulb out of the fish tank and putting it in a bucket full of fresh water. keep changing the water everyday from tap and when it grows big enough you can plant it back in the fish tank. the fish will not nibble on the plant, unless it is soft and fury.
what fish do you have?
gold fish, and barbs will nibble the plant to nothing.

ps. lily needs a rich substrate.
Definately won't hurt the fish, a lot of fish eat plants as part of their diets. However, I have a large tank with about 25 different fish in it and getting plants to grow from bulbs is almost impossible as they are quick to eat it down to nothing! Try planting a more established plant in the aquarium so the fish don't level it!

No comments:

Post a Comment