Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyone out there have a featherback fish/clown knife fish?

I just bought an aquaruim that has, among other fish, 2 clown knife fish in it. They were being fed frozen bloodworms once a day, and I was wondering if they should be fed anything else. I don't think that would be a complete diet for them. If any of you have clown knife fish, I would LOVE to know what you feed them, and any special care requirements they have. Oh, and they are about 7 and 5 in long.
Answers:
Do you know how big clown knife fish get? You're gonna need a 300+ gallon tank for that baby. I really wish they would ban the selling of those kind of fish and pacus etc. Then they wonder why they find those fish in lakes and rivers. Read the link for their care, and good luck.
I had a ghost knife fish that I inherited and had for several years. My brother had it before me and the poor guy got used to and only lived on flake food. I researched him a while back and learned that they much prefer bloodworms/live food. I think he'll be okay!
Read this website: http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/. THIS IS A GOOD WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment