Wednesday, July 29, 2009

After cleaning the water, filter and pump, why does my fish tank have alot of bubbles on the water's surface?


Answers:
its protein from the fish's slime thats been agitated in the cleaning process.
I have sum fish and when i clean the tank the same thing happens to me, dont worry its natural
If you are using a dechlorinator (which you should be) then it will foam up when the water is agitated
Yep--it's most likely the dechlorinator. Don't worry--it won't hurt them.
It maybe just because it is cleaned out and also maybe new. You should let it run for about 24 hours after cleaning it or putting in new equipment before you put in your fish. So that the pump and filter can circulate the water and it won't harm you fish. If you have the fish in already and it has been awhile since you put the fish in, depening on what type of fish you have it coul dbe a bubble sack because the female is pregnat and the male has made a bubbles nest for the egg sack.It depends on what type of fish you have. Usually happens with betta according to my expierence. Hope this helps!
Depends on if you are using chemicals, (appropriately), in that case, it's unsightly but harmless. I see it all the time in mine and the fish are healthy.
one thing I am doing with my fish tanks is I have bubble stones and they are making extra bubble for my tanks and help the fish too when you have to clean the filter then they will always have oxygen in the tank.
It does take a little time for the tank to make bubbles after you clean it all out and replace it with clean water. I let it run a few minutes after i put in my aqua to protect my fish then I replace my fish back to the tank

No comments:

Post a Comment