Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another question about my oscar?

I feed my fish with blood worms, beefheart %26 pellets.
the nutritional contents of the pellets I provide it are:
crude protein 40%
crude fat %26lt;3%
crude fiber >4%
moisture 10%
rest contains vitamin B,C
are these nutrients enough for the fish?
If not, please provide me with proper nutriential contents( in %)
Answers:
What you are feeding him is perfect but I would highly recommend vegtables such as lettuce,peas,carrots,broccoli,. beans, also shrimp (all frozen then thawed out of course) you can even add crushed vitamins. and more protein such as white frozen fish
If it says fish food on the container, its probably fine.
thats a good diet.. most oscar pellets are bout the same..feeder fish will make him grow faster , but mess up the tank more..more cleaning for u.. ick comes out from stress..if u are in an area that got cooler, your heater may take a couple of days to catch up..u should have a fish store check your water..when treating the tank take out the cabon.. it removes meds..
i think datrs good enuf. and if u r not sure. ask at any pet shop.. not here. coz v nut heads mitwe not b able to give u gud enuf answers
That's all a good varied good diet. Could also try worms, mine loved those Can o Crickets lol. Pick up a liquid vitamin(for people), I used Poly Vi Sol, liquid baby vitamin, think Centrum makes it too. Soak some of the pellets in a dish with the vitamins for awhile, let it soak in and feed that at least once a week. Some claim that helps prevent hole in the head disease(I personally think it's from high nitrates/poor water conditions though) but I know a lot of oscar owners that do that.

http://www.oscarfish.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment