Saturday, May 22, 2010

At Petco, what is the best small tank to get for a betta?

My betta needs a new tank now. Can you give me the website where you find the tank? It needs to be found somewhere at Petco.com. Can you give me the exact.. what's it called? Well, sorry if you don't understand. the exact part where you found it. uh.. like, let's say it's petco.com//betta?tanksfish=htm. And make it. blue, so I can click on it so I can go straight there. Yeah!

Well, it needs to be 1/2 to 1 1/2 gallons, and must be about 7$ to 15$. It should include plants and gravel, but if it doesn't, it's okay. I want it to be something you've had, so I can know it'll be good. but if it doesn't, that's okay, too.

Thanx
Answers:
The tanks you're looking at are too small - as such, you're not going to find an appropriate home for a betta in that price range. Also, you'll need to get a heater for your tank, unless your house is constantly at a temperature around 78 degrees (and the temps don't fluctuate more than 4 degrees a day). Bettas do not live their full lives at room-temperature water. Also, bettas ideally should have a filter to keep their water pristine - dirty water leads to more illnesses, and unless you're willing to do 50% daily water changes, the water in your bowl is going to be dirty.

I suggest this tank if you're dead-set on going to PetCo:
http://www.petco.com/shop/product.aspx?r.

However, if you go to Walmart, you'll find better deals on bigger complete tank sets for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Good article on proper betta care:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?.

And before anyone yells at me because I said her choices in tanks are too small and you think they're fine, let it be known that a betta's natural habitat is a lot bigger than most people think:
http://www.bettadreams.com/ricepaddies.h.
Your question kinda doesn't make sense, and Beta fish to be honest, don't need an aquarium, they are chinese fighter fish and live in puddles in China, and their poop can clog the filters in the tanks. Best bet is to put it in a nice Glass cup or Vase, but I found what you were looking for anyways, if it helps. But please take my advice. It's a waste of money buying a tank for a Beta fish.
I bought all my bowls for my 5 betta fish at a local craft/art store called Michaels. It holds about a gallon and is your standard round bowl. Just remember that you shouldn't get a bowl that has multiple flat sides (like a hexagon shaped bowl for instance) because this will drive your betta mad as it will see the reflection of this "other" fish and will "fight" it to the death by ramming itself against the side repeatedly. This actually happened to a friend of a friend of mine's fish, so I try to warn as many people I can about this fatal mistake! May I also reccommend you to by some little figurine that your fish can swim in and through? My fish absolutely loves mine. Good luck with your fish!
I got a 3 gallon for mine, i might want to add females later and breed them. Other wise just a small goldfish bowl will do for a single betta.
I usually use a kritter keeper. They don't come with plants or gravel though.
2 gallon
honestly the bigger the tank the better the betta likes water around 80 degrees and smaller tanks lose heat fast. Oh and betta poop cannot clog anything more than any other fish's poop can.

No comments:

Post a Comment